Users can now integrate their Google+ Business page with the Google+ Local page!Posted by on August 7, 2012 08:54 AM
Jade from Google announced in the Google Places Help forums that users can now integrate their Google+ Business page with the Google+ Local page and benefit from a consolidated online presence on search as well as social. The integration of the two pages can be done from the Google+ Pages admin. The resultant combined page will be packed with features of both the pages- as in reviews from the Local page and other social features that come with Google +.
Google explained “Click on Verify now on the right side of the page. You'll need to verify that you're representing your business by having a postcard sent, even if you're a verified business owner on Google Places for Business. Also note that verification will only work for pages created in the "Local Business or Place" category in Google+.”
Google posted a step by step instructions on how to do this:
After you've created your page, you can verify it:
- Hover over Unverified at the top of your Google+ page. Click the Verify now button when it appears. Or, click Verify now in the Is this your business? section below the map.
- Confirm your address and click Request postcard again. Your postcard should arrive within a week or so.
- Once it’s arrived, go to the website listed on the postcard, www.google.com/local/verify.
- If you've requested a postcard for multiple Google+ pages, make sure to click on the name of the business that the postcard is for.
- Enter the PIN listed on the postcard and click Submit.
Example given by Google: https://plus.google.com/100860944156186677580/about